©2012-14 H. Agius Muscat, on behalf of the Anglican Church in Malta & Gozo (Voluntary
The restoration was entrusted to organ builders Kenneth Jones & Associates, under
the direct control of their managing director, Derek Byrne.
The works included:
- A new custom-designed low-terraced 3-manual drawstop console
- A new electric solid-state microprocessor-controlled key action transmission system
- Restoration of all the pneumatic parts of the key actions and stop actions
- Repairing and making good the entire wind system of the organ: wind trunking, conveyances,
bellows and a new silent blower motor
- Restoration of almost 2,000 organ pipes
- Addition of 25 new gilded Open Diapason speaking front pipes (instead of the existing
The works were completed on 22nd February 2014. The total project cost (including
restoration of the historic 17th century case) has reached €225,000.
We have received generous donations and sponsorships amounting to over €210,000 so
there is still some way to go; with your help we can get there.
Percentage progress towards target: 93%